Josh Hochberg, Managing Member and CEO
Josh is Managing Member and CEO of Sonoma Aviation and has been President of Sonoma Jet Center since 2010. He started flight training at 14, soloed on his 16th birthday, and his first job was a high school summer internship at the FAA in AFS-800. He has worked at the MITRE Corporation’s Center for Advanced Aviation System Development (CAASD), Northwest Airlines, United Airlines, and as an attorney at Reed Smith, LLP, representing FBOs and manufacturers of aircraft and aircraft components in liability matters.
He holds a Bachelors degree in Statistics from George Washington University, a Masters degree in Transportation and Logistics, from Northwestern University, and a Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University.
Josh is a Certified Flight Instructor and holds an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate. He is the Young Eagles Coordinator for his local Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) chapter and he is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Air Transportation Association (NATA).
Julia Hochberg, Vice-President
Julia focuses on operational technology, marketing, strategy and client service. She has worked in corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions for Epsilon, a relationship marketing company, and South River Aviation, an aviation asset company. Julia also worked as a Mechanical Engineer for Motorola and NASA.
She is a member of the Board of Directors of The First National Bank of Mertzon and is a Director and past Board Chair of Sonoma Country Day School. She serves as a volunteer for the EAA Chapter 124, Young Eagles, and Women in Aviation’s Girls in Aviation Day. She has organized several years of TEDxSonomaCounty and was a member of the Board of Directors of the Pacific Coast Air Museum.
Julia earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering at George Washington University and an MBA from Southern Methodist University. She holds a Private Pilot License.
Clayton Lackey, Director of FBOs
Before joining Sonoma Aviation, Clayton Lackey, now Director of FBOs, was General Manager of Tampa Jet Center, later Sheltair. Clayton has more than 15 years experience operating FBOs and 7+ years as a General Manager. Clayton has managed hangar
construction, successfully hosted large events such as the Super Bowl and Republican National Convention, and built an airline ground handling business for professional sports charters. He has never sacrificed his commitment to operational and team excellence and his FBOs have been named #1 FBO in the U.S. three times by AIN Magazine.
Tom Owen, Director of Sales
Tom Owen was formerly Sales Director with Avfuel, where he gained extensive experience with the aviation fuels business, logistics, airports, FBOs, and sales. His expertise and high-level aviation industry relationships have been key to Sonoma and Carlsbad Jet Centers working successfully with airport management, as well as managing fuel inventory and access to products such as SAF.
Sonoma Jet Center is the leading fixed base operator (FBO) and the only IS-BAH accredited FBO at the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (STS) in Santa Rosa, California.
Located in the heart of Northern California’s wine country, Sonoma Jet Center delivers safe and efficient operations and world-class luxury service to every client. Julia and Josh Hochberg have owned and operated Sonoma Jet Center since July 13, 2010. They have established a reputation for FBO excellence.
- One of the First FBOs in North America to sell Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- Achieved industry recognition as the inaugural recipient of the NATA Above and Beyond Award. The Above and Beyond Award winner is is presented in recognition of FBOs that demonstrate extraordinary community outreach, excellence in customer service and a commitment to safety.
- One of the first FBOs in North America to meet the IS-BAH Stage II standard. IS-BAH contains a set of global industry best practices for business aircraft ground handlers and features, at its core, a Safety Management System (SMS). IS-BAH Stage II Certification is the second of three levels of the highest possible safety standards that an FBO can have. IS-BAH Stage II certification demonstrates Sonoma Jet Center’s commitment to safety and innovation for customers, employees, and the public at large.
- Achieved NATA Sustainability Standard.
Carlsbad Jet Center is the leading fixed base operator (FBO) and the only IS-BAH registered FBO at the McClellan – Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, California. Serving northern San Diego County’s golf, beach, and business destinations, KCRQ also is home to U.S. Customs Services. Carlsbad Jet Center delivers safe and efficient operations and world-class luxury service to each client. Sonoma Aviation manages Carlsbad Jet Center on behalf of a large pension trust.
Carlsbad Jet Center Accomplishments:
- Achieved Stage 2 under the International Standard for Business Aviation Handling (IS-BAH)
- Completed substantial construction project including extensive renovation of 1960s hangar to provide modern amenities and services
- 2020 Aviation Intl. News Top Flight Award nominee, Best New FBO Facility
- Achieved NATA Sustainability Standard.