Josh Hochberg, President
With over 20 years of experience in many facets of the aviation industry and a lifelong passion for aviation, Josh is a respected aviation expert. Josh serves as Owner and President of Sonoma Jet Center in Santa Rosa, CA. Josh is Chairman of the NATA Aviation Business Committee, Young Eagles Coordinator and Board Member for EAA Chapter 124, founding member of Sonoma/Napa Disaster Area Response Team, and ground school teacher at a local high school.
Josh started flight training at 14, soloed on his 16th birthday, and his first job was a high school summer internship at the FAA in AFS-800. He has worked at the MITRE Corporation’s Center for Advanced Aviation System Development (CAASD), Northwest Airlines, United Airlines, and as an attorney at Reed Smith, LLP, representing FBOs and manufacturers of aircraft and aircraft components.
Josh earned a BS from the George Washington University, an MS in Transportation from Northwestern University, and a JD from Southern Methodist University. He holds an ATP Certificate and has over 4,000 hours of flight experience. His Cessna 340 is his daily driver and he also enjoys flying his Grumman Albatross.
Julia’s experience and interests focus on customer experience, operations management and marketing. Julia is Owner and Vice President of Sonoma Jet Center in Santa Rosa, CA. Previously, Julia has done corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions work for both Epsilon, a relationship marketing company, and South River Aviation, an aviation asset company. Julia also worked as a Mechanical Engineer for Motorola and NASA.
Julia served as Chair of the Board of Trustees for the Sonoma Country Day School and a volunteer for the EAA Chapter 124 and Young Eagles. She has been active in TEDxSonomaCounty and on the Board of Directors of the Pacific Coast Air Museum.
Julia earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the George Washington University and an MBA from Southern Methodist University. She holds a SEL Pilot Certificate.
Clayton Lackey, Director of FBOs
Tom Owen, Director of Sales
Sonoma Jet Center
The principals of Hochberg Aviation Management own and operate Sonoma Jet Center at the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport in Santa Rosa, California. Under their management, Sonoma Jet Center has:
- Achieved industry recognition as the inaugural recipient of the NATA Above and Beyond Award. The Above and Beyond Award winner is is presented in recognition of FBOs that demonstrate extraordinary community outreach, excellence in customer service and a commitment to safety.
- Achieved IS-BAH Stage II certification. IS-BAH contains a set of global industry best practices for business aircraft ground handlers and features, at its core, a Safety Management System (SMS). IS-BAH Stage II Certification is the second of three levels of the highest possible safety standards that an FBO can have. IS-BAH Stage II certification demonstrates Sonoma Jet Center’s commitment to safety and innovation for customers, employees, and the public at large.
- Grown annual general aviation fuel gallons from 650,000 to 2.3 million.
- Increased hangar space from 11,000 square feet to over 55,000 square feet
Carlsbad Jet Center
Hochberg Aviation Management manages Carlsbad Jet Center at the McClellan – Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, California for a real estate holding arm of a pension fund.
- Overseen over $8MM of terminal and office finish out, hangar renovation, and ramp repair.
- Grown annual general aviation fuel gallons
- Achieved IS-BAH Stage I certification.